The IT Network Services Group maintains a robust wireless data network throughout our campuses. This network provides mobile access to the Internet, including computing resources at the HSC and throughout the world. Based on 802.11a/b/g/n technology, the wireless data network is constantly being expanded and improved to meet changing demands.
TAMHSC Guest Wireless Access:
Access TAMHSC Guest Wireless in 3 steps
Check the availability of wireless at your location. Note: TAMHSC Wireless is available at all TAMHSC operated buildings. TAMHSC wireless is not available in most shared buildings at the request of building owner(s).
1. Click the Apple and select System Preferences from the drop down menu.
2. A System Preferences window will appear. Select Network.
3. When the network window appears perform the following steps in order.
- Click the padlock in the lower left to unlock it using your Computers Login Username and Password if it is not already unlocked.
- Verify that the WiFi status is On. (if not click Turn Wi-Fi On)
- Select tamhsc from the Network Name drop down menu.
4. A window will drop down requesting your TAMHSC Username and Password. Enter it and select Join.
5. If this is your first time joining this network you will get an Authentication pop up. Click Continue.
6. Another window may pop about Certificate Trust Settings. Type your Computers Login Username and Password (not tamhsc credentials) and select Update Settings.
7. If any windows are left open, Apply the settings and close them. You should be joined to the network now.
For assistance or questions, please contact the Help Desk or call 800-799-7HSC (7472).
1. First hover your mouse in the lower left hand side of your computer screen and a sidebar will appear. Click Settings when it appears.
2. A new windows appears that says Settings at the top. Choose the Available button with the wireless bars symbol.
3. Select the tamhsc network from the list of networks that appear.
4. After selecting the tamhsc network you will be prompted for your tamhsc credentials. Enter them and hit OK. It may ask if you accept the certificate. Accept it if you get the prompt.
1. Navigate to the lower right-hand corner of your screen and click on the wireless icon located in the taskbar.
2. Locate the tamhsc wireless network. Make sure to check Connect Automatically if you would like to stay connected to the network, and click Connect.
3. Enter in your TAMHSC credentials and click Ok.
*If you are having trouble connecting using the method above or you can not locate the tamhsc network try using the following procedure.
1. Browse to the Start menu on the bottom left hand corner of your screen and click on the Settings cog.
2. Click on the Network & Internet icon.
3. Navigate to Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click on Set up a new connection or network.
5. Select Manually connect to a wireless network.
6. In the Network name field type in tamhsc. Then choose WPA2-Enterprise in the Security type drop down menu. Then click Next.
7. Choose Change connection settings.
8. Select the Security tab in the Wireless Network Properties pop-up and click on Settings.
9. Uncheck the Verify the server’s identity… box and then click on Configure.
10. Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon… box and then click Ok. Close the remaining windows by clicking Ok.
11. After completing all of the above steps connect to the Internet by following the first process listed at the top of the page.