You will need VPN if you are trying to access resources that require you to be behind the firewall. These instructions will help you set up VPN to connect to the Health Science Center network with the following settings:
Connect To: https://vpn.tamhsc.edu
Group: HSC User
UserName: HSC Username
Password: HSC Password
Downloading/Installing AnyConnect VPN Client
1. Open your browser.
2. Type: https://vpn.tamhsc.edu
3. Enter your HSC username and password and for Group make sure it says “HSC_Only_Traffic” then click Login.
4. Click on “AnyConnect” in the left part of the browser window.
5. Click “Start AnyConnect”.
6. AnyConnect will load the VPN connection.
7. Log out of the website, top right of your browser window.
8. Close the browser window, AnyConnect VPN Client is now installed and you are connected to the HSC Network via VPN.
Disconnecting from the VPN
1. To disconnect, locate and click the AnyConnect icon in the system tray.
2. The Cisco AnyConnect pane will appear, click Disconnect.
Connect to the VPN with AnyConnect Client
1. Click the Windows key, and Search for the Cisco AnyConnect application.
2. Enter your HSC username and password and for Group make sure is says “HSC_Only_Traffic”.
3. Click Connect and you will be connected to the VPN.