The OIT web and systems teams maintain web, and database servers with network backups, load balancing, application and network firewalls. Our web infrastructure is available for any project supporting the academics, research or administration of the HSC.
This service is available to
Faculty, and Staff
Features and benefits
Maintaining a stable, secure, patched and monitored web server takes time and effort. Let us do it for you!
We support linux virtual servers running apache, nginx, php, and mysql. All of our servers are configured for automated monitoring and backup. We also take care of regularly scheduled patching for operating systems, CMSs and other web applications.
How to request this service
To request web hosting or server administration, please email the helpdesk at email@example.com with a detailed description of your project.
Web services are centrally funded by TAMHSC for sites that support the research, academics and administration for Health Science Center members. There may be a cost for very large projects, if specialized software or hardware is required or other edge cases.
Related articles, and tutorials
- How to stop automatic resizing photos with WPBakery
- How to delete a file on Cascade 8
- How to edit a page on Cascade 8
- How to Setup Duo Two-Factor Authentication for REDcap
- Web update request
- What are Electronic Information Resources (EIR)?
- Accessibility of Electronic Information Resources (EIR)
- Steps to Complete WordPress Training
- Website Basics
- Adding an Image or Video