Response times are based on the existing OIT service model and objectives, and they may vary based on the complexity of specific issues.
Cell Phone/Mobile Device:
Immediate set up for walk-ins (hours listed above).
CMS Access and Training: See Web Services.
Computer Hardware Repair: Varies
Diagnose and resolve problem: 3 – 4 weeks
- If hardware needs to be replaced, OIT will order necessary parts.
- Goes into work order queue.
- If machine requires a revamp: 3 – 4 weeks
- If hard drive requires setup, a data recovery process is necessary which takes longer.
E-Mail – System-wide Issues: 4 hours
E-Mail – Single-user Issues: 48 hours
Troubleshooting failures, account setting problems.
Enterprise Application Issues: Varies
(Issues related to any internally developed application. ie BAMF)
Account management: 2 hours
Application Server Issues: 2 hours
Bug fixes: 24 hours
New Feature requests (simple): 1 month
New Feature request (complex): Determined by complexity.
Hardware Installation/Setup: 3 – 4 weeks from opening of work order
During summer and fall semesters, when many departments make new computer purchases, the wait time may be longer.
- OIT reserves the option to impose a “blackout” time on revamps when the OIT Support work load is significantly higher than normal.
Printer Problem: 1 week
If hardware needs to be replaced, resolution time may vary based on hardware order and delivery times.
Goes into work order queue.
Account management: 2 hours
Server/Software Issue: 6 hours
New Service Provider Registration: 24 hours
Service Provider Issues: Dependent on provider.
Software Requests – OIT Computer Labs: Varies
Expect contact from OIT staff within 2 business days.
Software Install – Workstation: Varies
If office visit is required, 2 – 3 weeks.
If completed via phone by an analyst between calls, possibly within a week.
Software Problem: Varies
OIT will attempt to resolve the issue over the phone within one business day.
Software may need to be installed or re-installed.
Static IP Request: Approximately 3 business days
Systems Administration Tasks: Varies
Change share permissions: 1 day
Create new share: 3 days
Setup network printer queue: 1 day
Install software upgrade: Varies depending on complexity, scheduled with system owner.
Restore data due to user deletion/corruption: 2+ days, depending on amount and type of data.
Operations requiring system downtime: 1 week, depending on maintenance window.
Systems Design Proposals or Specifications Recommendations: Varies
- “Simple” systems consisting of one or two servers: 1 week after complete information has been provided.
- “Complex” systems consisting of several servers, multiple storage elements, or highly specialized software:2 – 4 weeks after complete information has been provided.
- “Enterprise” systems for services used HSC-wide: 4 – 8 weeks.
Systems- New Installation: Varies
The following refer to initial setup only and may not include the necessary testing periods and other tasks that vary by system type and magnitude:
- “Simple” systems consisting of one or two servers:
Virtual Server: 1 – 2 days after service agreement is finalized.
Physical Server: 1 – 2 weeks after receipt of all necessary hardware and software.
- “Complex” systems consisting of several servers, multiple storage elements, or highly specialized software:
2 – 4 weeks weeks after receipt of all necessary hardware and software.
- “Enterprise” systems for services used HSC-wide: Implementation plan will be provided.
Note: There is generally a 2 – 3 week delivery time for new server equipment after the order has been processed by the Purchasing department.
VoIP Telephones line and name changes: 3 days
VoIP Telephones hardware procurement: 2 weeks (depending on replacement hardware availability)
Legacy Telephones: Varies depending on vendor.
Video Conferencing: Varies
Video Conference Quote: 3 weeks (depending on vendor)
Video Conference Installation: 10 weeks from date of PO issue
Video Conference Hardware/Codec Failure: 5 business days
Virus (possible): Varies
Machine should be taken off the network immediately for investigation.
Analyst determines if there is a virus or spyware:
- Virus: act immediately.
- Spyware clean: 1 – 2 weeks (OIT will investigate for RootKit and other problems).
If client is a repeat offender, security team may make image before cleaning machine and investigate cause of infection.
Web Services: Resolution may depend on size and scope of project; please contact email@example.com for specific estimates.
- CMS Access: 24 hours
Dependent upon authorization and training.
- CMS Technical Issues:
Dependent upon issues or specifications.
- CMS Workflow Requests: 1-2 days
Dependent upon authorization, training and workflow definition.
- CMS Training:
Monthly training sessions available.
Urgent 1-on-1 training available by request.
- Website, Content Modification: Initial contact within one day, completion times vary.
- Website, Development: Initial contact within one day, completion times vary.
- Web, Feature Request: Varies
Dependent upon specifications, project creation and component webmaster.
- Website, Troubleshooting: Initial contact within one day, completion times may vary.
- Web Form Development: Initial contact within one day, completion within 1 week.
- Web Projects: Initial contact within one day, completion times may vary.
Wired Network: Varies
New port requests can take several weeks depending on vendor availability.
Port activations: 4 days
DNS Changes: 2 days
Firewall Port Request: 1 week
Wireless Network: Varies
Laptop Setup can be done via phone in some cases.
Immediate set up for walk-ins; hours listed above.
AP problems: 1 week (depending on replacement hardware availability)
Wireless Setup: Varies
Can be set up via phone in some cases.
Immediate set up for walk-ins.