We provide secure access to TAMHSC email from anywhere through our webmail service available from anywhere at https://webmail.tamhsc.edu/.
This article will walk you through step by step on how to setup Microsoft Outlook 2010 to receive and send e-mails on a laptop/desktop when not connected directly to the HSC network.
1. Click on START > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Outlook 2010. Outlook will open up to a welcome screen then to Account Configuration. Click on the Yes radial and click on Next>.
2. Put a check mark in the box for Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click on Next>.
3. Choose the Microsoft Exchange e-mail service. Click on Next>.
4. In Microsoft Exchange Server: field, type webmail.tamhsc.edu. In the User Name: field type your HSC login user name then click on More Settings… button.
5. Click on the Connection tab, then put a check mark in the box Connect to the Microsoft Exchange using HTTP then click the Exchange Proxy Settings… button.
6. In the https:// field type webmail.tamhsc.edu. Put a check mark kin both On fast networks….. and On slow networks….. Change the Proxy authentication settings to Basic Authentication and click OK.
7. You will receive a pop-up, click OK.
8. Click on Finish.
9. You will get a pop-up box like this one EVERY TIME you open up MS Outlook. This is how you log on to the HSC e-mail system. In the User name: space type tamhsc\your username and then your password. Make sure you type “tamhsc\” or Outlook will not connect and will produce and error.