Keychain Access is an OS X app that stores your passwords, certificates, and other sensitive account information; reducing the number of information you have to remember and manage.
When you access a website, email account, network server, or other password-protected items, you may be given the option to remember or save the password. If you choose to save the password, it’s saved in your keychain so you don’t have to remember or type your password every time.
Update Keychain Password
A Keychain Login Message may appear when changing your HSC Account password. When logging in after a password change you may see the message below:
- Click on Update Keychain Password, it will ask for your “current” password but you actually need to type in your previous password (before the change). This process will unlock the keychain and re-sync with your current password.
Reset Password Keychain
There are instances when the message above will not show after your login, or if you click Continue log in, and individual messages will pop up asking for your password to various things. To manually reset the Keychain:
2. Click on Go at the top of the screen
3. From that menu select Utilities
4. Find the Keychain Access application and open it.
5. Once open right click on login from the left-hand side and select Change Password for Keychain “login”.
6. A new window will appear, enter your previous password (before the change) and then your new password and select ok to finish.
Delete Login Keychain
If you do not know your previous password, the only thing to do is to delete your login keychain on the Mac.
- Open the Keychain Access application (see above). Click on File from the drop-down menu, then click on Delete Keychain “login”.
- Logout of your computer and log back in with your new HSC password and a new keychain will automatically be created.
If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact the Help Desk at 800-799-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.