The Cisco AnyConnect VPN client allows you to access TAMHSC resources from your home desktop or laptop computer. To download and configure the client, follow this step-by-step tutorial.
1. To begin, follow this link: https://vpn.tamhsc.edu and login with your TAMHSC Username and Password. Please ensure that ‘HSC_All_Traffic’ is selected from the drop-down.
2. After entering your credentials, the Duo Two-Factor Authentication window appears. Select your preferred method of Duo authentication to continue. If you haven’t setup Duo with your HSC ID previously, please follow these steps before proceeding. Duo is required for VPN connectivity.
3. At the next page, click Download for macOS.
4. Saving the file
If you are using Firefox, a window should pop up asking if you would like to save the file. Click Save File and once it is finished it will be located in the Up Arrow at the top right of your browser window.
If you are using Google Chrome, when you click on Download for MacOS the download will start on the bottom left of your browser window.
5. Once the file is finished downloading, click on it to run the installer.
6. Double click the package.
7. This will open a new window that will take you through the install process.
8. When the prompt below appears, enter the username and password an administrator on the computer. If it is an HSC asset, contact local IT for assistance.
9. The following window will pop up asking to Allow the VPN System Extension. Click on Open System Preferences.
10. System Preferences will open and there will be a button at the bottom that says Allow. Click Allow and then close System Preferences.
11. You may see an additional prompt about System Extensions (below). Click Dismiss and the VPN installer should finish.
12. The VPN client is now installed and is located in your Applications folder in the Finder. Note: the AnyConnect client is typically located in a folder inside the Applications section called ‘Cisco.’
13. When launching the AnyConnect client for the first time, there will be a blank text field. Enter: vpn.tamhsc.edu
14. Click Connect and then a new window will appear asking for your username and password. Enter in your HSC username and password into the first 2 spots. The third box (Second Password) is for Duo and has a few options:
- Option 1: Type in the word push and this will send a push notification to your phone.
- Option 2: Type in the word phone and this will call your phone.
- Option 3: Open your Duo Mobile app on your phone and click on the little key next to the TAMHSC Duo profile. This will give you a 6 digit code that you can enter into the Second Password spot.
Once this goes through you will be connected to the VPN!
You will have the AnyConnect VPN client running in your Dock if you have installed and correctly authenticated to the client. Once connected, you will be able to attempt Remote Desktop Connections, access TAMHSC Network shares, and access your TAMHSC E-mail in Outlook.
For questions or assistance, please contact the Help Desk at (800) 799-7472 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.