TAMHSC Backup powered by Code42 CrashPlanPRO offers the ability to backup any device anywhere across the Health Science Center.
How to sign up
TAMHSC Backup costs $35 per person per year to cover the cost of licensing and infrastructure. To sign up, contact your department’s business coordinator.
Business coordinators, you can register your users at using the signup form for TAMHSC Backup.
Access and Use
- Install the client on any major desktop operating system Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Select data you want to continuously backup and start.
- Restore from anywhere: from your desktop or from the web at backup.tamhsc.edu
- Back up any device, anywhere
- Automatic and silent
- Self-service restore
- End-to-end security
- Shorten time to recovery
- Mobile access to backed-up data
- Backups occur every 15 minutes silently without interruption.
- Anything in your profile can be backed up.
- You can choose not to backup certain folders and files if so desired.
- The following are not allowed to be backed up:
- System and program files
- Virtual Disk and temporary internet files
- Network Drives – these are backed by OIT each night already
- All files are encrypted.
- Unlimited versions.
- Files that are currently be backed up and then accidentally deleted will be recoverable for up to six (6) months.
- Data is stored on-premise (local TAMHSC servers).
- Currently there is no limitation or quotas on the size of backups, however the storage is not designed for excessive data that should be designated for a file server or another system. If you feel this is an issue, please let OIT know.