Identity and Access Management is an integral part of the Health Science Center. Your identity ensures that you have access to the correct resources.
Texas A&M Health Science Center accounts are managed within HSC-ID. There are three ways an account can be created:
- Student accounts are created automatically through Banner.
- Faculty, staff and student worker accounts are also created automatically through information from SSO.
- Non-employee accounts that require approval from the Office of Risk & Compliance are requested in HSC-ID.
Special Account Requests
Colleges, departments, and groups that desire a distribution list or special account must fill out the special email account request form. Special accounts will require additional approval.
If a person is employed by both TAMU and TAMHSC, an account will not be automatically created in HSC-ID. Please contact the OIT Helpdesk if this scenario applies to a new hire.
On occasion, a user will need access beyond their resignation/termination date.
- Retained Access is requested in HSC-ID for faculty account extensions. This process requires several levels of approval and may take time to complete. For more information, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Non-employees will not be granted extensions unless approved by the Office of Risk & Compliance.
- If you are an HR liaison and are not sure where to submit an employee’s resignation/termination, please refer to resignation/termination form. This form is required for out-processing.
Student Account Extensions
- Graduated students cannot receive account extensions.
- If you are a student and have not yet graduated but lost access to your account, please contact your college’s Student Affairs office.
HSC-ID manages group access to resources, allowing end-users to control multiple items via our Web Portal.
- Attestations (account verifications) are processes that verify access to non-employee accounts, HR liaison permission levels, and security or distribution groups. Please refer to our attestation FAQs for more information.
- Group owners can add or remove members within the HSC-ID Web Portal.
- TAMHSC users are now able to delegate certain permissions to others, whether for a short time or indefinitely.
The TAMHSC wireless network is available for all users with TAMHSC accounts. If you have questions about connecting to our network, or have a guest who needs access, please refer to our wireless internet access documentation.
The security and integrity of your data is important to us – that’s why we have password policies in place to help keep your identity safe. When you create a password, please follow these guidelines for a secure password.
Initial Password Creation
- If you are a new employee, you will need to contact the TAMHSC Helpdesk at 1 (800) 799-7472 to obtain a temporary password for your account.
- Students and non-employees (visiting scholars, affiliates, volunteers, etc) will receive their username and password via an encrypted email to their personal email address. This is the address provided when registering for Banner or filling out non-employee packets.
TAMHSC Change is our self-service password manager. If you forget your password, it expires, or you just want to change it, this portal allows you to perform these tasks without waiting on an IT technician for assistance. Please refer to these tutorials for more information: