HSC Emergency Alert
The Texas A&M Health Science Center (HSC) is compliant with Texas House Bill 2758, which requires institutions of higher education to disseminate critical information from an authorized source during campus emergencies, with the utilization of E2 Campus.
As of January 1, 2012, all faculty, staff and student TAMHSC email addresses will have been added to the emergency alert system. Individual users may choose to add an additional email address, to receive mobile communications via SMS, or to opt out of the system entirely.
Faculty, staff, and students choosing to opt out must do so every year since the E2 campus alert system will be repopulated with current TAMHSC email addresses annually. This is required by law.
- Opt Out: To opt out of the system entirely, you may do so at your own risk by using steps 1-4 above and then unchecking any boxes that are checked within the webpage (shown in step 5).
To add an additional email address, or to add a mobile number for SMS (text) notifications:
1. Choose “Directory” from the top right navigation of any TAMHSC homepage
2. Click “Log In” at the top left of the subsequent page.
3. Login using your TAMHSC username and password.
4. Click the “Alerts” tab.
5. Add an email address and/or mobile number, clicking “Save” after each respective entry.