The Office of Information Technology (OIT) now provides a wireless network for visitors who do not have TAMHSC or TAMU accounts called tamhsc-guest. Please follow the steps below to obtain guest wireless access.
Guest wireless accounts will expire exactly 2 days from the time they are created. To request an account extension contact the Help Desk at 800-799-7472 .
Expired accounts are purged at midnight each night. Once an account is purged, users can request a new account by following the process below again.
Connecting to the Network
Start by connecting to the tamhsc-guest wireless network on your device. The initial security key is tamhsc-guest.
1. First, click the wireless icon in the bottom right and select tamhsc-guest from the list and choose Connect.
2. A prompt will occur requesting a network security key. Type tamhsc-guest in the field and hit OK.
3. Once connected, open a web browser and move on to the steps below.
1. First, move your cursor to the lower right hand corner of your screen and click on the network icon.
2. This will bring up the Network Connections sidebar.
3. Choose tamhsc-guest from the network list and hit Connect. When prompted for the network security key use tamhsc-guest for the password.
4. Once connected, open a web browser and move on to the steps found below.
1. First, select the wireless icon in the upper right of the screen near the time and choose tamhsc-guest from the drop down menu.
2. A window requesting a Password: appears. Type tamhsc-guest and select Join.
3. Once connected to the network and the wireless icon is showing black bars, open a web browser and move on to the steps found below.
1. Tap the settings icon, which looks like a gear, on your screen and then choose the Wi-Fi section. You will then see a list of networks as below. Choose tamhsc-guest from the list.
2. You will then be prompted to enter the password. Type tamhsc-guest as the password and hit Join.
3. Upon joining, you may automatically see a screen appear that shows the Health Science Center logo and reads Please Authenticate. If so please move on to the section below. If it connected you but the screen does not appear, you will need to open the Safari application so the page comes up and then move on to the section below. You will see the image of the next screen below.
1. Navigate on your phone to settings and select the WiFi tab. You will then see a list of networks as below. Choose tamhsc-guest from that list.
2. Upon selecting tamhsc-guest a screen will appear with a Password field. Type tamhsc-guest in the field and choose Done.
3. Once connected to the network, go back to the main screen and open a web browser and search for anything. It will automatically reroute you to the self registration field you see below. At that point, simply continue with the instructions found below.
- At this point you should be seeing the following screen. To begin the account request process simply click the button that reads Guest Account (Request guest access).
- Next, a new screen will appear requesting that you enter valid account information. Make certain your phone number, email and service provider are entered correctly, as it will prevent account creation if entered incorrectly. Upon entering all your information, simply submit the information using the button at the bottom.
- You will then see a screen showing that your request was received. You will receive an email and text message showing you your new credentials. You can navigate back to the sign-in screen by clicking the blue link in the screen below or by simply opening a web browser on your device and searching for anything so it reroutes you back to the sign in page.
- Upon receiving your credentials and navigating back to the login page, you can simply enter them into the Network Username and Password fields. Make sure to check the ,” I accept the acceptable use policy box” and Submit. You should then have access for the next 2 days. It may prompt for you to re enter your credentials after 9 hours of use.