The Office of Information Technology (OIT) now provides a wireless network for visitors who do not have TAMHSC or TAMU accounts called tamhsc-guest. Please follow the steps below to obtain guest wireless access.
Guest wireless accounts will expire exactly 2 days from the time they are created. To request an account extension contact the Help Desk at 800-799-7472 .
Expired accounts are purged at midnight each night. Once an account is purged, users can request a new account by following the process below again.
Connecting to the Network
Start by connecting to the tamhsc-guest wireless network on your device. The initial security key is tamhsc-guest.
1. First, click the wireless icon in the bottom right and select tamhsc-guest from the list and choose Connect
A. First, move your cursor to the lower right hand corner of your screen and click on the network icon.
B. This will bring up the Network Connections sidebar.
C. Choose tamhsc-guest from the network list and hit Connect.
1. First, select the wireless icon in the upper right of the screen near the time and choose tamhsc-guest from the drop down menu.
1. Tap the settings icon, which looks like a gear, on your screen and then choose the Wi-Fi section. You will then see a list of networks as below. Choose tamhsc-guest from the list.
1. Navigate on your phone to settings and select the WiFi tab. You will then see a list of networks as below. Choose tamhsc-guest from that list.
2. Once connected, open a web browser. You will automatically be redirected to the following screen.
3. Check I agree to the Acceptable Use Policy and select Don’t have an account? Register Here! You will be directed to a registration page.
4. Complete the form and use Aggies as the registration code.
5. After completing the form check I agree to the term and conditions and then select Register
6. You will receive an email and/or text from firstname.lastname@example.org. The message will contain your username and password. Use this information on the login page. Be sure to check Agree to Acceptable Use Policy.