Choosing to create a new file will give you the option to:
- select an existing file from within your site by clicking on the Parent Folder section and browsing the assets, or
- upload a file by utilizing the Browse button within the Data section. The system name will be created automatically whenever the file is uploaded based on the name of the file as it appears on your desktop. Make sure the file name is concise and lowercase with no spaces; hyphens are allowed.
Choosing to create a folder will direct you to a menu in which you enter a new system name* for the folder. Click SUBMIT to finalize the process. *System names must be concise, lowercase and no spaces; hyphens are allowed.
Choosing to create a link will direct you to a menu in which you enter a new system name* for the link. Place the link URL within the “Link” box, making sure to include http:// as part of the URL. Click SUBMIT to finalize the process. *System names must be concise, lowercase and no spaces; hyphens are allowed.
Choosing to create a webpage will direct you to a menu in which you enter a new system name* for the webpage. *System names must be concise, lowercase and no spaces; hyphens are allowed.
Decide on the Title of your page, which should replace the wording “Standard Page” within the template. This Title will appear at the top of the newly created webpage. You may place your cursor in the tan space within the Main Content Area in order to begin adding copy. Make sure all information appears how you’d like it and click SUBMIT to initiate the workflow. (If copying information from an email or Word document, copy and paste into Notepad, then copy and paste into the page editor.)
Creating a Hyperlink. In EDIT mode on a page, highlight the text that you would like to be the link. Click the INSERT/EDIT LINK icon, which is represented by a chain.
- For documents within your website, use the INTERNAL option and click the brackets to browse to the document.
- For external websites outside of your own site, click the EXTERNAL option and paste the full link in the link box.
- For emails, replace the “http://” with “mailto:” and enter the email address.
Upload many images at once. Put all files in a folder on your computer. ZIP (or compress) the folder by right-clicking on one of the highlighted files. Make sure you are in the proper folder within your asset tree. It’s helpful to create an “images” folder within the directory to keep files within the CMS organized.
- From the top navigation menu, select Add Content -> File.
- Select the file to upload by clicking the file chooser icon or by dragging and dropping a file from the file system to the browser window. The File Name field will update with the name of the file. Optionally, update the name of the file in the System Name field.
- This time, Cascade will recognize the zip file by its extension and will prompt you to let it unpack the files (Yes) or to upload the zip file like any other file (No). To let Cascade do the unpacking, click Yes. At the upper right, the Save & Preview button will then become Unpack. Click Unpack to begin the upload/unzipping process.