The current ease at which forms can be made electronically fillable make them ideal for our academic environment. If you are interested in making your PDF or paper forms electronic, please contact your webmaster.
Some of the major advantages of electronic forms are:
- Ideal for meeting the accessibility standards of public institutions; ensures that everyone, including those with disabilities, can access the forms.
- Eliminates the need for the time-consuming process of making PDF forms accessible.
- Easily utilized by anyone with web access.
- Web surveys and forms allow for pleasing, consistent layouts with a professional image.
- The ability of respondents to select pre-populated answers eliminates guesswork.
- Respondents can skip past questions that don’t apply, thus decreasing time needed for them to fill out forms.
- Collected data is immediately available, results can be monitored easily, and analysis can be done automatically.
- Since electronic forms are easier to fill out than paper, response rates normally improve.
- Adding questions and editing information can be done quickly and easily.
- Forms are made secure through use of password protection and encryption. Data is stored on secure servers at the HSC.
- Online forms are good for the environment and help us be good stewards of the resources entrusted to us.