This page will walk you through some common Address Book and Contact management tasks in Outlook 2013/2016.
Contact the Help Desk if you have any issues or questions.
Creating a Contact Group
1. In Microsoft Outlook 2013, Click the Home tab. Select New Items, hover over More items, then click on Contact Group to open the window.
2. In the Name: box, type the name of for the Contact Group.
3. On the Contact Group tab, select the show Members section. Next, click Add Members and Select from the options From Outlook Contacts, From Address Book, or New E-Mail Contact.
4. Depending on how you want to add the contacts choose from the following and perform their steps.
- If you are adding a New E-mail Contact, enter the information for the person in the Add New Member window that pops up.
- If you are adding a member from Outlook Contacts or an Address Book, do the following:
- In the Address Book drop down list, click the address book that contains the email addresses or people you want to add and highlight them.
- Once the names have been highlighted, click Members->. You can add names from different address books to the same Contact Group.
5. Do this for each person whom you want to add to the Contact Group. Click OK.
The Contact Group is saved in your Contacts folder under the name that you give it.
Create a Contact Group by Copying names from an email message
1. In the message that you want to copy the names from, right click the name in the To or Cc field and select Copy.
2. In Mail, on the Home tab, click New Items, then click More Items, and then click Contact Group.
3. In the Name: box, type a name for the Contact Group.
4. On the Contact Group tab, in the Members group, click Add Members, and then click either From Outlook Contacts or From Address Book.
Add a Contact Group received from someone
When you receive a message that includes a contact group that you want to use, you can save it to your contacts.
1. Open the message that contains the Contact Group.
2. In the To: or Cc: box, right-click the Contact Group, and then click Add to Outlook Contacts.
Add or delete a name in a Contact Group
2. Do one or more of the following:
- Add an address from an address book or a contacts folder
- On the Contact Group tab, in the Members group, click Add Members, and then click From Outlook Contacts or From Address Book.
- In the Address Book drop-down list, click the address book that contains the email addresses that you want in your Contact Group.
- Browse for the name that you want, or type it in the Search box.
- In the Name list, click the name, and then click Members. Do this for each person whom you want to add to the Contact Group, and then click OK.
- Add an address that is not in a contacts folder or in an address book
- On the Contact Group tab, in the Members group, click Add Members, and then click New E-mail Contact.
- Type the information for the email address, and then click OK.
- Remove a name
- In the list of names, select the name you would like to remove. In the Contact Group tab, in the Members group, click Remove Member.