For paid faculty and staff HSC accounts will be created automatically via HSC-ID. The authoritative source for faculty and staff information is the TAMU payroll system.
Accounts will be populated with name information, UIN, component, department, and manager. In order to finalize the account, the HR Liaison and Manager will provide final approval and address information.
This is a two stage process. Stage one the HR Liaison will complete the procedure below. In stage two the Manager role will verify the account information in the same process.
Completing the account process: HR Liaison & Manager
- The HR Liaison will need to navigate to hscid.tamhsc.edu and enter their HSC credentials.
- Click on Pending Request
- Select the new employee and the appropriate check box.
- Next navigate to the lower right corner, click on more to expand the options and select Additional information
- From the popup windows assign the new employee’s Location and Room Number. Edit the Department Name and Manager if necessary.
- Once complete click Apply
• Finally, you may enter a Reason for approvals (not required) and click Save approvals.
- Once the HR Liaison and Manager have completed the pre-hire process; the new employee may contact the helpdesk to setup their HSC account password information.