Student accounts are created automatically from the Banner student information system. Students can activate their own account remotely and as soon as they accept our offer of admission. The Help Desk can assist with any step of the account activation process, although the Registrar’s Office is better equipped to help with some pieces (denoted below).
The automated process only applies to new students who are attending the Health Science Center for the first time. Student workers who are not students of the HSC must still follow the manual account request procedure. Returning students should contact the Registrar’s office to have their account reactivated.
Account Activation Timeline
- The HSC Registrar’s Office records the fact that a student has accepted their offer of admission.
- Every weekday at 4pm, an activation email is sent to all students who have accepted offers of admission. (For this to take place, the HSC must have an email address on file for the student.) If you are a new student and you have not received an account activation email, please contact the HSC Registrar’s office.
- The activation email contains a link to our online account activation form. When the student clicks this link, they will begin the activation process.
- First, the student must verify their identity by matching personal information such as UIN, address, and phone number with information in our database. Please contact the HSC Registrar’s office with any issues regarding the identity verification step.
- Next, the student accepts our Computer Use Agreement Form.
- Finally, the student provides us with their desired password. This password is stored securely and discarded once the account is created.
- The student’s account information is placed in a queue for account creation.
- Every 6 hours (midnight, 6am, noon, and 6pm), we process the account creation queue. This is the step that actually creates the student’s account. The creation utility sends students an email containing their new HSC username and email address.
- Once the student receives their account creation email, they can now register his HSC account with myHSC, our student information portal. Students use myHSC to interact with our financial aid office, register for courses, pay tuition, and access many other student services.
For questions or assistance, please contact the HSC Help Desk at 800-799-7472 or email email@example.com.